Continuing Education Credit
Safety congress is a one-stop shop for your safety, human resource and workers’ compensation training needs. Continuing education credit is available for many professional designations. You also can meet your training needs for BWC’s discount and rebate programs.
OSC17 offers free continuing education credit for many professions.
- Safety professional
- Industrial hygienist
- Emergency medical service (pending)
- Chemical dependency counselor/Prevention specialist (pending)
- Registered nurse **
- Long-term care administrator
- Attorney and judge
- Case manager
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Disability management specialist
- Human resource personnel (pending)
- Sanitarian (pending)
- Water and wastewater operator (pending, "X" contact hours, not "OM")
- Professions that recognize CEUs awarded by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
Proof of Attendance
To earn credit for continuing education or BWC programs you must:
- Arrive at the session on time. Doors will close 10 minutes after the session begins. Late arrivals will not be admitted. BWC will grant no exceptions;
- Remain in the session for its entirety;
- Scan your badge at the end of each session. This is proof of your attendance at the session. This is the only method to identify the sessions you attend;
- Visit your Attendee Service Center, complete a session survey and print a certificate of attendance. You may do so for up to 30 days after the event.
- Submit your attendance certificate to your professional organization, accrediting agency, BWC representative, group rating administrator or local safety council.
** Registered nurse (RN) – The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (OH-188, 1/1/2019) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.