Greater Columbus Convention Center
In the event of a medical or other emergency, instead of dialing 9-1-1, follow the instructions below.
- From any in-house phone, dial HELP (4357) to speak with convention center security services. Provide your specific location, description of the emergency and condition of the person, if applicable. Security services will notify emergency services and escort them to your location upon arrival.
Note: Dialing 911 could delay the arrival of emergency personnel.
- In case of fire, the fire alarm evacuation systems will sound with fire strobes, sirens and verbal instructions. Calmly proceed to the nearest exit of the convention center. Security and event personnel will be on hand to assist with evacuation and provide instructions for returning to the building, if applicable.
- If officials issue a tornado warning, security personnel will direct you to the nearest safe area such as a restroom, stairway or inside meeting room with no windows. It’s not safe to stay in large areas such as exhibit halls or those that contain glass walls or ceilings during this type of weather emergency.
- In case of power failure, it is not necessary to evacuate the convention center, as it’s equipped with an emergency power generator to restore power to exits, concourses and service halls within seconds. Do not evacuate the building until instructed to do so.
- If you’ve misplaced an item, please visit the safety congress registration desk, and inquire about the item. After the event, we’ll return all lost items to convention center security services. They will log and maintain all items after 30 days. Convention center security services will discard items not claimed within 30 days.